A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

09 March 2017

Day 8 of Writing It Out

I went to see "I Am Not Your Negro" today and thought how prophetic James Baldwin was. And then I thought about the narratives I had been told as I was growing up. The narratives that left out all the important details of the struggles of Black people in my own family.  My maternal grandparents were from Birmingham AL. They were there until the early 1940s. When I learned of Birmingham's history, I asked my grandmother about life then. She wouldn't talk. When I asked my mom about growing up in Birmingham, she said, "You've seen the pictures."

Without the narratives we don't get the entire story. Things don't make sense like we hope. We look for answers. We look for the story.

Writing It Out is helping me tell a story. Someone needs to hear what I have to say. And you know what, I need to say it. I don't know the value my narrative, but I have discovered that I don't need to. What I need to do is be obedient to God.

9 days into our Lenten Journey --I'm preparing myself for another change.

May you allow your Lenten Journey help you share your narrative. We need to talk with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment