A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

03 March 2017

Day 3 of Writing It Out

For the last couple of days I have been watching PBS' American Masters Inspiring Women production featuring Maya Angelou.

"You must have someplace that no one can take you beyond." Maya Angelou

Do you know that about yourself? Do you know that there must be a stopping place in your life? No matter what is offered, you must know when to say no.

The above statement by Dr. Angelou has me thinking, what do I need to stop?  What do I need to say no to?

I hear my Dad saying from heaven, "You need to do some butt pressing." For those of you that don't know what butt pressing is, it is sitting still, resting, relaxing, taking sabbath, NOT doing. I often struggle with this part. Today, I can't do anything else at this point. I have been really really busy this week and have not taken time to rejuvenate.

So, I am beginning my butt pressing time.  I pray that I am open to the Holy Spirit who lovingly leads me.


No comments:

Post a Comment