A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

01 March 2017

Day 1 of Writing It Out

As I was journaling this morning, I wondered what the Holy Spirit meant when She said write everyday during Lent. Did she mean blog everyday? Did She mean write in my journal everyday? Did She mean write academically everyday? That hasn't been made clear just yet. So here I am blogging 2 days in a row.

Ash Wednesday. How am I going to get my ashes? I wanted to get them early enough in the day so I could let the world know that I am a sinner. That's why we get the ashes right? To speak boldly about our sinfulness to all that see us? When I pulled into the parking lot of the cathedral I thought, I have just enough time to get ashes. So I began with a Liturgy of the Word service that asked me to look deep into myself and admit my faults and then be strong for the journey ahead.

Strength for the journey. I CANNOT face what is before me without God. I just can't. I am facing many things that I have wanted to just go away, but God has not done that for me. So, here I am seeking strength for the journey. The mark of ashes from burnt palms on my forehead says I am committing to do my part on this journey. The ashes say that I am aware of the hard road ahead, but with Jesus, ALL things are possible.

As I commit to writing everyday, I realize that I am committing to blogging everyday. I may journal as well, but the Holy Spirit is calling me to public writing that may serve someone else. Perhaps we may enter into dialogue. Perhaps you will be moved to comment. As you read what I am writing, may you allow yourself the freedom to be in God and do what God asks. That is really what Lent is all about, disciplining ourselves in such a way that we attune ourselves to God.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment