A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

15 March 2017

Day 11 of Writing It Out

I'm missing days of blogging during Lent. I noticed it when I received an email from someone who stated that they look forward to my posts and I hadn't posted for a few days. Ooops. My Bad. Sorry to leave you hanging.

What do you know about grief?

I think Lent is a great season to process grief. It invites you to look deep into yourself and come face to face with that which gets in the way of your relationship with God, self and others. By doing this, those of us who are grieving various things get the opportunity to analyze the grief--get to the source of it, then work on how to continue living in Christ. I don't think there are easy answers to grief. I do believe that it helps to know that one is grieving.

What do you know about grief?

I have discovered that grief can hide in your body. Your sleep, appetite, moods, ability to think are all affected by grief. Knowing this, I am working to set up things that will help me identify when I am "actively" grieving so I can be a better caretaker of myself. Lately, I've been coloring in a book that also has a weekly Scripture reflection. This has been so helpful.

What do you know about grief? I know that it offers me ANOTHER opportunity to draw nigh unto God and rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment