A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

08 March 2017

Day 7 of Writing It Out

We set out to do great things. We have the best of intentions. We tell ourselves that we will be open. Then someone attacks us. They dive in with a kill strike. And defense has us forgetting our intentions.

The crazy thing is, the attack is full of alternative facts. There is no truth in the attack. So why go on the defense? We don't like to hurt. Defense is like a shield surrounding us so we can't be pierced.
Yet, Lent asks that we allow ourselves to be pierced. To be pierced with the needs of the rejected, the homeless, the naked, the hungry, the immigrant (not the ones from slave ships), the outcast, the marginalized. Who are these people? They differ for each of us. Each of us defines marginalized in a different way. The work of Lent is that we reach beyond people's attacks and offer --peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment