A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

22 March 2017

Day 15 of Writing It Out

Pastor Phil Ressler's 40 Things NOT to Give up for Lent:19.New Experiences https://www.greaterthings.today/40-things-not-to-give-up-for-lent19new-experiences/ asks the following reflection question: "What new experience have you been putting off out of fear?"

What came immediately to mind is researching and writing on a topic of interest for work and personal fulfillment. I have been avoiding all the baby steps necessary to get a proposal done. This "Writing It Out" exercise for Lent is an effort to break free and allow God to fully flow through my writing. As you can see, I've missed some days since Ash Wednesday and I'm okay with that. At first I stressed about it, but then I realized that the process is not about the goal. It's about the stretching and growing in God.

Well,...I named the fear. Now on to overcoming it.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment