A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

17 March 2017

Day 13 of Writing It Out

I return to my father's church this Sunday to preach for the first time in about 5 months. In addition to listening to the Holy Spirit while I preach, I will be looking to hear from my dad. What will that be like? Hearing from angel dad and the Holy Spirit?

How could I forget that my spirit lives in preaching?

It happens so easily. We drown in our busyness, pushing onward, determined to "minister" for the greater good. By doing so, we forgo the things that give us life. We sacrifice ourselves, but not in the right way.

By returning to writing and preaching, I'm returning to that which feeds my spirit. By feeding my spirit, I become more open to the Holy Spirit. By being more open to the Holy Spirit, I am better able to serve, the greater good.

Christ's Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment