A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

16 March 2009

Waiting on the "Big" Jesus

The first reading for today, 2 Kings 5:1-15, made me think about our search for the "Big" Jesus. Naaman, a leprosy sought a cure for his aliment but couldn't imagine his cure coming through simple actions. I started thinking about us and our desire to have Jesus show up in a "Big" way in our lives to move things around, to save us, to set us free from our circumstances. And quite often, Jesus is in the simple things; the ordinary things; in the way we say hello to someone; in the way we smile; in the way we help another.
How often have we allowed Jesus to pass us by because we were looking for Him in the fireworks display?

May this Lenten Season continue to encourage us to slow down and see Jesus all around us. May we use this time to see Jesus and offer Jesus in small ways. Perhaps our small actions will lead to big ones.

1 comment:

  1. Dear timone -

    "How often have we allowed Jesus to pass us by because we were looking for Him in the fireworks display?" should be put on a banner and hung above the main entrance of every church building on the planet.

    ReplyDelete