A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

27 February 2009

I Love Lent

I know it's strange to hear someone say they love Lent. But I do. Because I'm the first one to find faults in my life, I love this time of year when I can publicly shout out I'm a sinner and am doing some work to get better. The Lenten Season offers me the opportunity to really look at me and practice strategies that will move me forward towards God. I'm so past the giving up stage and so on the path that makes me consciously say "timone you need to open yourself to listening more; snapping off less; speaking to others with less "crispness"; exercising to help remove the crippling effects of arthritis; smiling more and writing more." Lent is about change for me. Changing so that I may move closer to Christ. Changing so that I may be more equipped to help someone else move closer to Christ. Oh I just love Lent.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, timone, and thanks for keeping that wonderful picture of the lake on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the pic of the lake. I have more that I'll be sharing. The scene is somewhere in Quetico Provincial Park in Atikokan, Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh wee Lent is hard for me! Lol. But this season totally calls me out on how weak I am...teaches me what sacrificing is all about. And though it's hard, at the end of the 40 days, I feel really good about myself. So I guess I kinda sorta love Lent too :)

    ReplyDelete