A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

19 February 2009

God's Beauty

Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I don't see God's beauty in me. Sometimes all I see are blemishes, red eyes, chapped lips, hair unkempt, etc. God's beauty goes unrecognized.

How often do we treat one another like that? Failing to see God's beauty in them? Way too often!

I challenge us to look more closely at ourselves and smile at the beautiful person God created and take that same attitude into the world.

1 comment:

  1. And maybe "looking more closely" involves the method implicit in the film, "ET." Remember how ugly ET looked when we first catch sight of him - and how different he looks as he's bidding the kids farewell? The more we know about someone, the harder it is not to love them.

    ReplyDelete