A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

23 February 2009

Beyond Me

It only takes a moment to move beyond self. And often we don't take advantage of the opportunity. I'm calling it an opportunity because moving beyond me allows Christ to shine forth. Today I spoke with a friend who longs to have the experience of clarity in what God is asking of her. After 30 minutes of dialog I pointed out that clarity exists, she just wasn't calling it clarity.

If I had not moved beyond my own issues and thoughts, I would have missed an opportunity to allow Christ to move through me. I just gotta tell you, it feels so good to be USED by GOD. Yes it does, even when inconvenient. Once God is in the mix, it's all good.

As Ash Wednesday draws closer, contemplate how your practice of your chosen spiritual disciple will allow you to move beyond self. That's what I'll be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment