A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

12 February 2009

A Suitable Partner

The Lord God said: “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a suitable partner for him.”
—Genesis 2:18

Many of us have looked for and not found a "suitable partner." We have a list of criteria that must be met, before people are even considered. In the verse above God says He "will make a suitable partner for him." Translation for today: allow God to make YOU a "suitable partner." In other words, allow yourself to be transformed by God into a "suitable partner." This aspect of searching is often overlooked - becoming suitable not only for someone else but for ourselves. Ever wonder why some people keep attracting the same type of person? They haven't transformed self. God can make you suitable if you only allow Him. The question is "Can you allow yourself to be reshaped?"

2 comments:

  1. jonnette merritt04 March, 2011 19:35

    absolutely beautiful and true

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must be reshaped into a new vessel like new wine skin without cracks and holes so that God's love can flow through us and fill us up to love our husband or wife as God wills us to. Simply said, God wants us to love ourselves and be satisfied with Him before we can be satisfied with someone else. Ps 37:4. Just trust and believe His Word.

    ReplyDelete