A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

09 December 2014

Watch Watching ADVENT - Week Two: Strength Training

Last week I talked about the need for Getting Into Position this Advent Season so that we may receive our LORD when He comes again. This week I'm all about Strength Training.

Strength Training is all about preparing ourselves to take on the onslaught of adversity while we're in position. Funny thing about following Christ is that being in the correct position is not enough. We often think that after we are "saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost" that the work is done. Sorry.

Strength Training is about daily prayer, reading Scripture, helping others, opening one's heart to the will of God and replacing our will with God's will. Strength Training gives us the stamina in our legs to handle the winds of adversity. Strength Training allows us to put up the umbrella of God when the rains of depression threaten to flood our lives. Strength Training helps us navigate the influx of temptation as we journey.

Advent provides us with a great opportunity to get back into the "gym" and workout. Slow down and take note of the light; darkness CANNOT overcome it.

Peacefulness

No comments:

Post a Comment