A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

01 December 2014

Watch Watching ADVENT - Week One: Getting Into Position

What a festive time of year for many of us. Christmas songs are playing on the radio. Decorations are on display in shop windows and in our homes. Christmas trees are being decorated with sentimental ornaments. And can't you just smell the cinnamon, the pumpkin, the nutmeg, the vanilla?

But this isn't what we're to be watching for. We're supposed to be watching for Christ. We're supposed to watch for our LORD to come again. And while we're watching, we should be Getting Into Position to receive the grace that our LORD's coming gives us.

Getting Into Position is difficult. It requires that we slow down as the "Holiday" Season gears up. Getting Into Position asks me to take a deeper look inside and admit my faults and forgive others theirs. Getting Into Position requires that I look past the presents to the PRESENCE of Christ in my speaking and in my doing.

As I begin this Advent trek, may I open my heart to the transforming works of our God as I move into position.

Peacefulness

No comments:

Post a Comment