A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

06 October 2009

Giving Up Control

I am so about control. I have it in my mind that things should be a certain way and I try to stick to that. But I'm learning to give up the fight for control and allow God to show me the way. Often that finds me biting my tongue when I would say something particularly "biting." Other times it requires that I LISTEN, not just to God's voice but also the voices of the people in my life. This quest for control has had me pulling my hair out when things don't go my way. I'm more stressed than I need to be and I tend to snap off on people for no reason. Allowing God to show me the way is really quite freeing. I don't have to read a map or plug coordinates into a GPS. I must however, seek to be obedient and follow the path God has laid out.

I must stop resisting the Grace and Mercy of God and fight the evil that in constantly moving in to take me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment