A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

10 November 2015

Prayers for timone #13

from J. Welborn
"Hi timone--What can I say? You are a blessing to this world, this nation, our community--
And especially to me!
May God continue to bless you and give you perfect peace as your mind is stayed on Him!
Cannot wait for our slushies this summer!
You are my hero--
hero--
friend--
sister in Christ!
Peace"

We don't always know what we mean to others until they tell us. I am humbled by the above words. I forget that God is working through me, therefore, people are touched by Her Grace. To discover again that I am helping to make manifest God for another is truly amazing.

Are you aware of what you bring? Are you allowing God to shine through?

What God asks is often uncomfortable, yet I am learning that God's comfort moves with me. I need just step out on faith. I need only to believe.

These last few months I have been teaching 2 courses: Introduction to Black Spirituality and Women in the Church: Bound Freedom. Both courses have stretched me to see more clearly God's image in my own life. In sharing the various authors' work with my students, I have discovered something else to love about myself: God within. Emmanuel with me. What a joy it has been.


No comments:

Post a Comment