A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

16 December 2013

Go Tell It On the Mountain


As I was reading the gospel this week, I wondered why Jesus told John’s disciple to tell what they had seen and heard instead of just answering the question. It seems so simple a question. But then I realized that sometimes the answer to a simple question is not enough. To report on what one sees and hears is to speak from experience. It is the experiences of others that we value more than answers. As women, we long to hear the stories of other women’s experiences in the hope that their story will shed light on our own circumstance.  I can better understand what Jesus asks of me when another recounts  a story of what Jesus has done for them. I can feel it; see it. It is more complete. Women of God, we are the first teachers of faith for our children. They depend on us to speak about who Jesus is and what Jesus does. Let us go to the mountains of our lives and tell what we have seen and heard. People are counting on us. 

Peacefulness

No comments:

Post a Comment