A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

31 December 2013

New Year. New Me. Not Really.

I often wonder why we go through the work of creating New Year Resolutions that we never seem to keep, instead of sticking with the the changes we make for Advent or Lent.

I mean, when will we learn that when we make resolutions not grounded in our faith, that we don't usually keep those things. Yet when we decide to make changes to be more conformed to Christ, those changes are more lasting.

So with the New Year just hours away, I must be honest with myself, I won't be making any sweeping changes. I'm going to be the same ole timone. Check with me again as Lent begins, then you'll find me working to be a new me, conforming myself to Christ, for the glory of God.

Peacefulness

No comments:

Post a Comment