A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

12 December 2013

Repentance for Freedom


Oh Freedom. As Americans, we often connect freedom to our country and to our rights.  Freedom is not usually seen from the standpoint of flesh, yet it is the flesh that holds us prisoner.  For it is the flesh that seeks sin and is at war with the spirit. It is also the flesh in the form of Christ's sacrifice on the cross that gave us salvation.  The Black woman, seeking to be set free, knows that freedom, true freedom, comes from the Divine within her being. With the Divine within, the Black woman is set free. In setting herself free, the Black Woman sets everyone free. That freedom comes from aligning oneself with the Holy Spirit.  John the Baptist calls us to move beyond lip sync repentance toward repentance of heart where true freedom lies. It is being set free from our sins that we learn how to deal with the injustices, imbalances and losses in life.  Take time this week to repent and enjoy the freedom of the Holy Spirit.

Peacefulness

No comments:

Post a Comment