A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

01 October 2011

Moving Past My Anger

What a waste of emotional energy, prolonged anger that keeps you immobilized. Yet there is a righteousness to anger that moves you to positive action. On Monday I was so angry I could spit fire, by Tuesday I could think beyond the indignation. On Wednesday I was delighted to know and love the LORD, my Savior. By Friday I was having intelligent conversation about the situation. What changed? Me! When I could breath easier, I moved from injury to seeking God's voice. Upon hearing God I was transported to Philippians 4:6-9. (I would put the text here but I rather you picked up a bible and read it there). ;)
That passage set me free.

The voice of my father also rang clear: "I love myself too much to allow any anger towards anyone to get in the way of what God has for me. And really, I don't know them well enough to allow hate or anger to deprive me of God's grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment