A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

28 September 2009

Engulf Me LORD in Your Grace

Sometimes I just need to be overtaken by God to get an understanding of what He wants me to do. Sometimes nothing makes any sense unless She just engulfs me in Her Grace. I like control. I like to know what's going to happen before I even make a move. That type of control can leave a person paralyzed because we can't know the outcome until we act. That's why I need God to engulf me in His Grace and weaken my resistance to Her will. I may want to be in control though I know that my control is full of chaos and misinformation. God's Grace helps me to let go and allow God to have control. And Oh... is life so much better when I give in to God's Will.

Engulf me LORD in Your Grace. Weaken my resistance to Your WILL.

3 comments:

  1. You're echoing that great poem by John Donne that begins, "Batter my heart, three-personed God," in which he begs God to conquer him. It's centuries old but still a powerful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I had no idea. I am aware that the Spirit seeks to get the message out any way it can, through anyone it can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't think I was inferring some plagiarism here! I was just struck by the ways in which your feelings and Donne's came together.

    ReplyDelete