A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

28 June 2016

Embracing Limits

I like to think of myself as a fixer. Not of objects, but people. Now surely I know that I can't "fix" anyone, but I like to think that by listening I offer paths that help people "fix" their situation.

But there are limits. Limits that I don't always want to embrace. I want to "fix"it. I know that experience is the best teacher, yet I still try to help people avoid the pain, the sadness, the heartache, the disappointment.

Fixers, at least this fixer, use storytelling to help them explain situations better. Don't you just love a good story? Don't you find it easy to sink right into the story?

Your story helps me find my way in my story. But there are limits.

Sometimes, no matter how many stories I tell, the person just doesn't understand what I'm saying. That's when I have to step back and embrace my limitations. That's when I see so clearly that God has marked out different steps.
                                        And it won't be me getting in the way of God's ordering!!
Where is your labyrinth taking you?

No comments:

Post a Comment