A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

02 August 2015

The Applause of Leaves

I am currently at St. John's School of Theology and Seminary in Collegeville MN waiting for the start of the Co-Workers Retreat: Imaging the Ministry to start. Since I had about 3 hours, I decided to walk down to the lake. I left my phone in my room charging. I didn't take anything with me.

While sitting on a tree stump watching families play in the water, I became drowsy. I closed my eyes and allowed God total access to me. That's when I heard it: the applause of leaves. It was a beautiful sound. One I had not heard before. I sat so still, not wanting to interrupt and then it happened: total peace within. Once I acknowledged the peace, the sound was gone.
And on I sat,
marveling at the works of God,
praising God.

Below is the lake from my guest room window. Because I didn't take my phone with me, you don't get a view from outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment