A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

03 December 2023

Advent 2023 Stop Holding Your Breath and Inhale the Holy Spirit — Week ONE

Beginning Again

 
When I think of Advent, I rush ahead to the Nativity stories in the Gospels of Matthew and Luke. The Nativity is refreshing in that we are reminded that we get to begin again. Born anew is the opportunity to say yes to God’s will. The stories of Christ’s beginnings are less about God and more about us and our acceptance of God into our lives. When we hear about Gabriel coming to Zechariah and Mary, we imagine Gabriel coming to us telling us that our prayer has been answered or asking us to allow God to grow within us. Will you question the answer to your prayer or will you say yes?

Though the sacred act of bringing life into the world is through women, Advent gives everyone  the opportunity to bring life into the world, by preparing ourselves for Christ’s Birth in our hearts. Little by little, as each candle is lit, we learn again how to let Christ’s Light shine within us. Rush ahead with me to the Nativity Stories. Read the first few chapters of Matthew and Luke and allow God’s Star to lead you to Christ. Let the chorus of angels proclaim Christ’s birth, not in some far off place of yesterday, but right here and now, in YOU.


Peacefulness

No comments:

Post a Comment