A Look Inside My Search

In a search for answers to the woes in my life, I found God. The truth that lies in knowing God for myself, placed me on a quest for peace. While on this journey, I have discovered that there are others seeking this truth also and that I can help. I have a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union, not to rise above anyone, but to better serve everyone. I am on a journey towards peace, speaking truth that opens people up to God.

21 May 2007

Women's Day of Reflection

Saturday, 19 May 2007 I facilitated a Women's Day of Reflection on Living the Resurrected Life. I worked really hard at putting this day together and it didn't turn out the way I expected. I was disappointed in the turn out. I really expected about 50 women to show up. A dozen did. The schedule I had planned got off track right from the start. Don't you just hate that when it happens? You spend hours planning something thinking it's going to be this grand thing only for it to turn into something else. I got calls and emails later asking me how the day went. I wanted to say "you should have been there to find out" but I didn't. I just told the truth. Those dozen or so ladies and I allowed the Holy Spirit to have His way. And have His way He did. I discovered that it was necessary to let the schedule go when introductions took 45 minutes. Who would have guessed that hearts would be touched and transformed during introductions?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry responded to wrong message. Those that missed the reflection day knew they should have made it. You did the right thing by not mentioning it.
    O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timone, I have known many times in my 50 some years of ministry that what you experienced that lovely day was the Spirit amovin' amovin' in her own way! It is good to be planned, prepared, and eager. You have done your part. Now it is the Spirit's work. Let her "do her thing!" I know She did. I was there and had to tear myself away only to know at the next meeting, that was exactly where I belonged.
    Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete